Most people these days are addicted to Facebook, but you can’t deny the importance and density of netizens in Twitter as well. This micro-blogging site, still outruns all other social networks in many aspects. However, Twitter has now released a video sharing app for iOS platform devices. It was released in the last quarter of January 2013. You may also call it the unofficial ‘video of Instagram’…that’s ‘Vine’!
Video or Motion Picture Created Using Vine
Smartphone users may now add the amateur videos they make to their resume. Since the releasing of Twitter’s Vine app, there’s been rumors and gossips about this app how it’s going to rein the app world. It allows users to record videos of six seconds which is also known as GIF. And you can share your own masterpiece of six seconds with the world.
And you might be interested in how the app works. It’s pretty simple. Very simple to be honest. Just tap and hold the camera button in the app and it instantly starts recording. Tap the camera button again when you are done.
How do you start? To start, follow these simple steps –
- Download the app first.
- Then sign in using a Twitter account. If you don’t have one, then use your email account.
- Choose profile photo, create password, and finish account creation process.
- You should start exploring other users and follow. That’s how you can get more people to watch your video.
- Shoot your video with the start stop tap button.
- Share on Twitter through Vine app! And you get a Facebook option as well.
- The attractive sides of this app are, the newest videos show up in the feed of featured videos. This feature keeps you updated about the videos from all the users you are following or subscribed to. This might distract you from photo sharing apps like Instagram, because these six second videos are actually much interesting than those over edited photos.
Let’s talk more about this. Twitter exploded because of its 140 words’ limit, and this app might explode because of the six second limit. And video is a strong medium. If a photo is worth a thousand words, then is a six second video worth six thousand words? Well, with properly made videos, it might be. The internet has now become so easily accessible, so there’s a big possibility that now people will move to visual messaging instead of text-ing. And this will make the photo and video sharing apps dominate, apps like Pinterest and Instagram will grow more popular.
And so what do you need to get Vine app? For now, just an iOS running device. Well yeah, you read that right, only iDevices. The Vine app hasn’t yet come for other platforms like Android or Windows but they are on their way, you’ll soon have them. This app is absolutely free.