There are some excellent Android phones currently flooding our market, in fact some of the best mobile phone deals can be found on Android handsets. The Android operating system is growing in stature, fluidity and general performance with systems like 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich dominating a large proportion of high end UK smartphones, although Android 2.3 is till the dominant platform.
Thank also goes to Apple and late Steve Jobs, to begin the new era of mobile phones, the smartphones! The war or you can say battle of survival only got fierce once Apple started to introduce their ground breaking iPhones and bug of innovation suddenly got into other mobile companies as well, which is why we started to see release after release of beautiful looking and powerful gadgets. With advent of these smart gadgets, life has become more connected, communication has become faster and over all productive has significantly improved. Even the tech companies, such as Google, which had nothing to do in mobiles hardware or software, jumped into the scene to claim their share of pie or to protect their intellectual rights and future!
Today, Android is activating more than 5.6 million devices a day and has become the industry leader, leaving Symbian to eat dust! IOS is also picking up extremely fast in developed countries, where vast majority of population can afford iPhones. Symbian had been an industry leader for a while, but it seems the classic OS is now losing its grip to smarter and sleeker competitors, such as iPhone, series of Samsung phones, smart HTC mobiles etc, however, Nokia’s partnership with Microsoft will most likely create a healthy and much more balanced competition, this might also limit Android from becoming a Monopoly, it would have been even better if MS had geared up quicker with Windows Phone operating system.
We have prepared list of latest smartphones, which are either flagship devices or just simply too awesome!
Samsung Galaxy S III Specs
Galaxy S3 is Samsung’s current flagship smart device, this gadget was announced earlier in May, 2012 and was released in same month. The previous version of Galaxy series, S II has been amazing as in design, usability and features wise, it also secured huge appreciation by both consumers and critics. The evolved version of Galaxy family is bigger in size compared to previous S2, however, there is significant leap in features, the only thing, which probably sets back this beautiful monster is its size!
Following are some of its top features.
- Magnificent 8 Mega pixel camera, supporting 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus and LED flash.
- 1.9 Mega pixel secondary camera. 1080p@30fps Video making capability.
- Android Operating System, comes with v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 Quad Core Processor, Exynos 4412 Quad Chipset and Mali-400 MP GPU.
- Weighs at 133 grams!
- 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm in dimensions, it also boasts touch sensitive controls.
- Comes with microSD cart slot of 64 GB and 16/32/64 GB internal storage.
- Massive 1 GB Ram, allows users to perform multi functions at great speed.
- Comes in two colors, Marble white and Pebble Blue. Both colors look great!
HTC One X Specifications
The phone is technically a monster, the hardware is impeccable, design is beautiful and ready to kill!Htc One X, which is Htc’s leader phone, has made some great sales, it could do not as well as Galaxy S3, but it did pretty well for its brand and broke a lot of Htc’s previous sales records. Even though phone did alright in the market, but HTC’s overall revenue were down by 26% from last year during May.
- Gigantic Quad-core 1.5 GHz processor, with Nvidia Tegra 3 as a chipset and ULP Geforce GPU.
- Weighs less than S3, total net weight is 130 grams.
- 134.4 x 69.9 x 8.9 mm in dimensions, which makes it smaller in size compared to previously discussed mobile.
- Htc One x equals S3 in terms of primary camera, as it shares same hardware specs of 8 Mega pixels, with 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus and also LED flash.
- 1080p@24fps Video camera and 1.3 MP 720 p Secondary camera
- Comes in Grey and white colours.
- It does not support microSD card, but comes with 32 GB internal storage and also has 1 GB ram.
- It has 37 hours of battery talk time, compared to 43 hours of S3.
Sony Xperia S Features
Xperia is a flagship series of Sony Ericsson phones, just like Galaxy is to Samsung and Lumia is to Nokia. Sony Xperia S is a strong contender here, it was announced earlier this year in January, 2012 and released the following month in February. Following are some of the key features and specifications of Xperia S.
- This phone has simply a amazing camera and easily beats both One X and S 3. Xperia S is loaded with 12 Mega Pixel camera, with a resolution of 4000 x 3000 Pixels, it also supports both Led Flash and Autofocus.
- 720p@30fps based 1.3 MP secondary camera. Also supports video camera functionality.
- By default it used to come with Android v 2.3 Gingerbread, however, OS is upgradable.
- 1.5 GHZ dual core processor, with Adreno 220 GPU support and uses Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon chipset.
- Like One X, Xperia S also doesn’t support microSD card, however, it comes with 32 GB internal storage and also supports 1 GB ram.
- This phone is comparatively heavier than above two mobiles, Xperia S weighs around 144 Grams. It is 128 x 64 x 10.6 mm in dimensions.
- Comes in Black and White to colours.
Conclusion: Final Verdict
All these phones are extremely good, however, if you have to choose the winner, Samsung Galaxy S3 probably outsmarts other two phones. Htc One X has slight edge because of its processor and Xperia S might be a better choice for Camera lovers, however, for rest of specifications, design and usability, Samsung Galaxy S III is clearly better choice.
If you have purchased any of these phones, or intending to do so, we would like to hear your feedback on these gadgets.