Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 | Official ICS 4.0.4 XXBLFB Firmware | Update
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 was been launched few months ago. It has achieved the status of most famous smartphone today.
Samsung Galaxy broke Record of Pre-orders in many places. So now, samsung has decided to provide an update to all it’s customers. The new Firmware is code named XXBLFB and will patch or solve most of bugs and problems faced by early customers.
Usually Samsung takes it’s own time to roll out new firmwares or updates to all regions around the world due to which users have to wait a long time depending on their region. I believe that all users deserve update at the same time, so here it is. This post will help you to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official ICS 4.0.4 XXBLFB Firmware.
- This firmware is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Do NOT install it on any other device.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. Download links – Windows 32bit (x86) OS | Windows 64bit (x64). Note: in case you use KIES then you should close it during the firmware update. it’s better if you uninstall KIES for this update to happen
- Enable the USB Debugging option. Without this option enable, the update cannot be complete because ODIN cannot view your phone.
- Charge the phone’s battery until it reaches at least 80% power levels.
- Back up your Phone.
- Sync your phone contacts with your Gmail account.
How To update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official ICS 4.0.4 XXBLFB Firmware
- Download the XXBLFB official firmware file from HERE.
- Extract the zip file contents into a folder preferably on desktop.
- Next, download Odin 3.04 zip file from HERE. This is the application you’ll use to flash the firmware files.
- Extract this Odin’s zip file contents into a Folder on Desktop.
- Power OFF your Galaxy S3 I9300 device and boot into Download Mode by pressing ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons simultaneously. Press the ‘Volume up’ button to confirm that you wish to enter Download Mode on your SGS3 device.
- Open the Odin folder and launch the Odin.exe file.
- Now connect your galaxy S3 to your PC via USB. Odin must show message as Added and a com port must turn yellow. If it doesn’t, re-check whether you uninstalled Kies and stopped all antivirus programs and Installed Samsung S3 Drivers from above.
- Click on PDA button and select the .tar file and do not touch any other settings on ODIN. Re-partition should be kept unchecked.
- Click the ‘Start’ button and wait until ODIN completes the update.
- Odin now starts to apply all the official XXBLFB firmware files on your smartphone and when the process is complete you should notice the PASS message displayed in Odin’s window. Your SGS3 will restart and when the Galaxy S3 boot logo appears you are free to remove it from your computer. That should do it, now your phone should have been successfully update.
congratulations! you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official ICS 4.0.4 XXBLFB Firmware. Do let us know your Experience with this Firmware.