Samsung Galaxy S i9000 is the first high end Galaxy Series Smartphone which successfully challenged iPhone. It not only challenged, but also defeated iPhone in some aspects. There are n numbers of custom Roms present on net for Galaxy S including Cyanogen mod 7,Cyanogen mod 7.2, Cyanogen mod 9 which boasts ICS Android 4.0.4.
Even after using So many custom roms, many people still miss the stock Rom supplied by Samsung which features Touchwiz, etc.
If your Galaxy S i9000 is bricked, Hard brick or Soft brick that you will have to explore yourself. To recover from Brick, you will have to install Stock rom on Galaxy S i9000. This is the Best method to Recover from a brick via software, else you may pay $$$ to some unknown person and that person might use hardware to recover from brick, or might use this method.
If the Phone is not Bricked :
- Phone with at least 95% battery ( although i used my phone with 60% battery )
- Back up Everything on your phone from contacts, messages to songs and Apps. ( Leave nothing in trust, back up everything )
- you can choose to backup the APN and MMS settings also. This helps you in case you won’t be able to browse the web after the firmware update.
- The Contacts can be easily synced with your Gmail account.
- Keep your cell for Charging for 2-3 hours, then start this procedure.
- If you have Samsung’s PC software Kies installed, un-install/shut it down completely from the taskbar first because it may interrupt the flashing process.
Drivers are must, before any Installation for your Galaxy s i9000
- Dwonload :
Reflashing the stock Rom xxjvt android 2.3.5 from Samsung for Galaxy S i9000.
- Switch off your phone ( if not Bricked )
- Get into download mode by pressing Power + down + home button together.
- Launch ODIN you downlaoded from above.
- Connect your phone via USB to PC
- If Odin shows com:[port number] in ID:COM in yellow colour, your phone is connected to pc, else reconnect
- Extract the zip file su-i9000 you downloaded above.
- Now select files in Odin , click on each tab and select files listed below
PIT –– s1_odin_20100512.pit
PDA –– CODE_I9000XXJVT_CL617736_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
Phone –– MODEM_I9000XXJVT_REV_00_CL1064602.tar.md5,
CSC –– GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVT.tar.md5
- Click start Button now, It starts the Installation Process and then wait for Installation to finish. Your phone will reboot after ODIN displays PASS.
- Congrats you have Stock Rom installed again on your Galaxy s i9000