Galaxy y is a pretty good phone considering its price tag. Samsung did a pretty good job by introducing a smartphone at such a low price. This has made possible for everyone to own a Smartphone. In this post I’ll be telling you about how to Root your Samsung Galaxy y.
- Compatibility: This Root will only work on Samsung Galaxy y GT-5360.
- Caution : Rooting your phone voids your warranty (well you can get back your warranty by unrooting the phone if anything goes wrong ). Rooting may also brick your phone, so you are rooting solely at your own risk. You have been warned.
- Steps :
- First you should back up all your data (Recommended)
- Download a file named galaxy-y-Update.zip to your PC from galaxy-y-Update.zip
- Connect your Galaxy y to your PC and paste the galaxy-y-Update.zip to root of your sd card (i.e. just paste it in the sd card and not in any folder in sd card)
- Now turn off your phone. After its turned off hold home+volume up+power button for some time and your phone will boot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode use volume keys to navigate through the menu, home button to select a menu and power button to go back.
- In recovery select option update from sd card and select the galaxy-y-Update.zip, a process will be triggered at the end of the process go back and select reboot system. Your Galaxy y will reboot and voila! it will be rooted.
P.S. IF you have any doubt or difficulty please feel free to comment.