Possibility for malware and hacker attacks over internet is high today. Hackers and cyber attackers have found their shelter on web and they attack computer users through a huge variety of malware, Trojans and other viruses. We are just hearing about an enormous number of Flashback malware attacks against Apple’s Macs over internet. Most anti-virus firms have designed special tools to fight off malware in web browsing, downloading, streaming and others. Here are ten must have internet security tools for you.
1. Kaspersky Internet Security: Kaspersky Internet Security is a prominent solution against malware attacks. This web security tool can protect your computer from all kinds of malware, Trojans, spam and viruses. It will completely secure you from viruses while shopping, emailing and social networking.
2. Norton Internet Security: It is yet another advanced web security tool. Norton’s protection tool promises total security while surfing web, banking, shopping and social networking. The Norton Protection System avails four layers of powerful protection for your computer against malicious attacks.
3. Savevid: Savevid is a platform you can download movies, TV shows and other video clips with full security. There is a chance your computer may get affected with malware attacks while downloading video from unsecure sources. Savevid.com helps you stream video from multiple services including Google Videos, Metacafe, YouTube and others.
4. Free Video Downloader: Free Video Downloader is a tool that you can use to download safe video clips from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Voeh, Dailymotion and many others. The tool is also best for extracting music from multiple sources.
5. Norton Safe Web Lite: It is a tool that can alert you of unsafe web sites right in search results. As you search the web, the search result page will itself highlight the sites that are not secure for surfing.
6. SiteAdvisor Live: It is also a security application that will let web surfers search safely. Once you install this plug-in in your browser, it will highlight unsafe web pages to you. Thus, you can search and shop with no worry of malware attacks. You will never be led to risky sites.
7. SnipMP3: You may often have to convert video files to MP3. Many tools that provide the service on the web are unsecure to your computer. The SnipMP3 is a great option to let your convert video to MP3 with no fear of malware attacks.
8. Netsparker Community Edition: It is a free community version of the Netsparker and it comes with many features to keep your computer safe from attacks. The application easily detects SQL injection and cross site scripting issues.
9. Websecurify: This is a very user-friendly and open source application to identify web vulnerabilities. Websecurify creates crisp reports once ran. It is also multilingual and in help of add-on support it is extensible.
10. Wapiti: This is a Python-based web security tool that scans web pages for vulnerabilities. The application looks for malware, spam and other malicious files instantly and warns the users.
These are ten web security tools your computer should have to fight against malicious attacks. These tools can completely protect your computer when you surf the web, send emails, download videos and games and do other activities including social networking, chatting and others. Get these tools and ensure security of your computer from all kinds of attacks.
About the author: Alyssa Clarke is a blogger who also happens to be a tech buff. She is currently on a look out for some cool security software for her smartphone. She is a car lover too and her favorite has always been the BMW 7 Series.