CyanogenMod Galaxy Ace Install | Complete Guide
I will Guide you on How to Install CyanogenMod Galaxy ace.
Some Prequites you need to Follow :-
- Take a Full Back up of your Device
- Make Sure you have Gingerbread installed on your Galaxy Ace
- f you want to Enjoy 3G, make sure you are using the Leaked version of Official ROM and not the one updated from Kies, because Cyanogenmod galaxy ace CM7 is unofficial and doenot support 3G on Official Stock ROM.
- If you happen to using the kies version of Stock ROM, you may like to wait a few days, Because I will write an In-Detail, Self-Tested post on upgrading/ flashing to leaked Galaxy Ace Gingerbread ROM
- Charge your Ace to 100% and Keep the Charger Connected During this whole Procedure
Remeber, this post is About how to Install Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace S5830. Do check your Galaxy Ace Specifications before proceeding.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if anything wrong happens to your device, which is a very unlikely event if you follow the procedure which is mentioned below.
If you have checked all the Necessary things for your Galaxy ace, then you are ready to Install CyanogenMod Galaxy ace.
Steps to be Followed:-
- Rooting your Android
- Installing ClockworkMOD Recovery
- Installing CyanogenMod Galaxy Ace CM7 Gingerbread
Below is Indetail of Each Step on Installing Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace
Remeber Rooting violates the Warranty
Root Galaxy Ace 2.3.x
1.Download root.zip file from below. Copy the Root.zip file (download below) into your sd card. You can even put it in a folder if you want.
2. Turn your phone off
3. Boot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold HOME+POWER buttons. Press both power and home button together for a few seconds. After the Galaxy Ace logo shows up and disappears, you should enter recovery mode.
4. Now in recovery mode, you can scroll up and down using the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons and select using the HOME button.
5. Scroll to the second option “apply update from sdcard” and press HOME to select.
6. Scroll to the Root.zip file and select it (if you put it in a folder, find and open that folder and then select Root.zip
7. After it’s done installing, select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to reboot
8. To check if your phone is rooted, go to you app drawer and look for an app called superuser with an icon of a pirate android with cross bones. If you see it, your phone is rooted.
Congrats! You’ve officially rooted you galaxy ace!!
- Step 2 to Install Cyanogenmod Galaxy ace is Finished and Successful
- To continue Installing Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace, go to next step
As you have a rooted Galaxy Ace 2.3.x, We can move ahead with our Next step to Install Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace. ClockworkMOD Recovery
Install ClockworkMOD Recovery on Galaxy Ace Gingerbread
- Download the Latest Official ClockworkMod for Galaxy ace from Here:ClockworkMOD Official
- Place this .zip file on your SD card. You may Store it in a folder.
- Turn your phone off
- Boot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold HOME+POWER buttons. Press both power and home button together for a few seconds. After the Galaxy Ace logo shows up and disappears, You can leave the power button, but hold on the Home button.Now you must be in Recovery Mode.
- Now in recovery mode, you can scroll up and down using the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons and select using the HOME button.
- Scroll to the second option “apply update from sdcard” and press HOME to select.
- Scroll to the .zip file you downloded fom above and select it (if you put it in a folder, find and open that folder and then select Root.zip
- After it’s done installing, select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to reboot
Hurray! you have finished Installing CWM .
You can Confirm Installation by again Booting into Recovery.
- Step 2 to install Cyanogenmod Galaxy ace is Finished and Successful
- To continue Installing Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace, Go to next Step
As you have Completed Step1 and step2 of Installing CyanogenMod on your Galaxy Ace Gingbread
The most awaited and golden time of your device is near now
NOTE : If you wish to Install Cyanogenmod 7.2 Stable Official version for Gt s 5830. Read this post on how to install Cyanogenmod 7.2 Stable Official version for Gt s 5830
If you ahve decided to install the unofficial release, continue reading this post.
Install Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace
- Download CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RCO Kang Signed for Galaxy Ace Gingerbread from here CyanogenMod 7.2
- Place this .zip file in your sd card. You may also store it in a folder.
- Boot to recovery mode.
- Apply update using zip file from sd card.
- select the downloaded cyanogenmod.zip file and apply the update
- Wait patiently until it installs
- Once Installed message is displayed. Reboot your phone.
- Wait patiently again! First rebooting of CyanogenMod may take a While.( mine took five mins )
- Celebrate! you have CyanogeMod Galaxy Ace CM7 installed on your galaxy ace
Below is a Screen Shot of Benchmark of Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace v/s others and A snapshot of App drawer on Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace. The pic clearly Shows how much Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace makes your old Galaxy Ace Specifications more Efficient. Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace is an Awesome Mod.
Remember, you may Find CyanogenMod galaxy Ace CM9 on some Websites, but that Mod is still under Development and it’s a leaked MOD, wherelse, Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace CM7 is unofficial Launched MOD.So, Do not Install CM9 until it is Launched Officially or unofficially.
Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace CM7 is still in beta mode, so keep Following Geekoversity to get updates on further updates on Cyanogenmod Galaxy Ace