Ok so till now you guys must have known that Symbian belle is launched officially by Nokia, But if you are on Unofficial Symbian belle then you might just need to reflash your device with the official version, so this tutorial will explain how to FLASH your cell with SYMBIAN BELLE, this flashing tutorial is applicable for all SYMBIAN^3 phone that has Symbian belle support (eg:-N8,E7,X7,C7,E6,C6-01,701,603,700,Nokia ORO)
Methods mentioned in this post are risky and tricky, and if not followed properly might lead to your device to get bricked and stop working, Whatever you do its at your own risk, and we at homeforgeeks take no responsibility and are not accountable for any damage to your device.
Pre-requisites for flashing Symbian Belle on your device:-
- Any Symbian belle compatible Nokia phone.
- Make sure that the phone is charged fully.
- Latest version of the Nokia OVI suite. You can download it from here
- Navifirm version 1.3 or higher for original Symbian Belle files from here
- Phoenix Service Software version 2011.14.004.45945 or higher form here
Change-log of Symbian Belle:-
Nokia Symbian Belle is out and we have already an official change-log of this firmware update.
This was the official change log of the v.111.030.609 advanced by Nokia:
- Have up to six home screens with live widgets in different sizes,
- Personalize your home screens with home screen widgets and shortcuts
- Get where you want to go quickly with the help of simpler menus
- See notifications and your connectivity options on any screen
- Customize your lock screen with wallpapers and important info
- Get easier NFC sharing, and improved apps for navigating, imaging, and browsing the web
- Note that NFC improvements are only applicable to NFC powered devices.
Step by step instructions to flash your cell with Symbian Belle:-
Firstly, note your phones firmware version, if you don`t know how to then press *#0000# and in that the version number will be mentioned, note that, product code will be present on the sticker under battery and type or RM of the phone, look at the sticker under the battery, it is in the form of RM-xxx
(For N8 users-Its written at the bottom of the phone near the charging port)
Now when you are done with all the info and you are geared up for flashing Symbian belle! Thats all what you would be needing about your phone! Now,
1. Start Navifirm ,wait until it loads the Products list.
2. In that tab find your phone model and select it (For example, If your phone is Nokia N8-00 then select RM-596)
3. Wait till Navifirm loads Releases/firmware version list. Select the desired Firmware your phone, just note one thing dont select any firmware older than your current phone, choosing that your phone might just brick, because for downgrading firmwares there is another method!
4. Wait until Navifirm loads “Variants” tab. Search and select yours from the list and wait Navifirm shows firmware files in the last pane.
5. Download all the files over there After download is complete, go to the download folder and copy all the files
6.Copy all your original Symbian Belle Firmware files in C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-596\ as shown in next pic. (Pls note here RM-596 is used because this tutorial is been written keeping flashing of Nokia N8 in mind, but this can be used for Flashing for any other device, Just rename your Phones RM number instead of 596 and you are ready to go)
7.Open Phoenix now. Go to File -> Manage Connections as shown in next pic.
8.As you can see, there are two options available,USB and NO CONNECTION. Now select USB and click on Delete and once it’s deleted, click on Apply as shown in next pic.
9.Once you delete USB Connection, only NO CONNECTION left. Now click on Close as shown in next pic.
10.Go to File again and select Open Product as shown in next pic.
11.Search for N8 by putting RM-596 in Type filter field as shown in next pic, select it and press ok.
12.Firmware Update option would be available now so select it by going Flashing -> Firmware Update.
13.As you can see there is no Product code selected so select the browse option, a small box surrounding by red rectangular box in next pic.
14.Now installed Symbian Belle firmware/s will be shown as in next pic. So select the appropriate one and select ok.
15.Once you select your Symbian belle firmware, Product Code and other info will be there. Now we need to delete two major files we don’t need as shown in next pic.
16.CLICK OK and then CLICK ON REFURBISH TAB
17.Then Remove your cell from the USB cable and SWITCH IT OFF
18.Now PHEONIX will ask this
19.Now press ok and connect your cell to the usb cable, PHEONIX will do the coding and your cell will be rebooted and boot up with Symbian Belle,
Too check and verify just press *#0000# and you will get the below screen, showing release as Symbian Belle
If you still din get how to flash with Symbian belle and you are stuck you can leave here a comment, for easy reference have attached this video tutorial too,
So this is how, you can easily flash your Nokia N8 with Symbian Belle,tune in for more SYMBIAN BELLE flashing and tweaks and firmware files till then have fun and stay connected with us…….. Cheers!