Nexus Prime, Android Ice Cream Sandwich
Google and Samsung launched the long-Awaited latest Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich and the Samsung Nexus Prime smartphone Wednesday morning in Hong Kong.
Samsung and Google were to Launch it earlier, but postponed it due to Demise of Steve jobs.After which, The Apple loyal Customers and fans Booked iPhone 4S in a huge hurry as a tribute to Steve Jobs. I think, this made google and Samsung a bit unresting and they launched their Products nexus prime. Although Ice Cream Sandwich has nothing like SIRI , It has face unlocker.
Samsung’s Nexus Prime loaded with Android ice Cream Sandwich features:
- Big, fast and powerful: The Nexus Prime has a 4.65-inch display and LTE, runs one of the fastest 4G networks in the world and has a dual core 1.2ghz processor.
- Everything about this phone is smoother.Android really utilizes the dual core for the First Time. All previous Android OS didn’t supported Dual Core, Hence 1.2Ghz gives an Experience of 3Ghz.
- There’s a new font optimized for HD, software buttons replace hardware buttons and the keyboard’s improved.
- Your face will unlock your phone, rather than old Pass code(which rarely someone used).
- The new and improved camera has zero shutter lag, autofocuses, takes low-light photos, stitches together images into seamless panoramas and shoots 1080p, time-lapsed video. You also have lots of instant editing options such as removing red eye, adding a “hipster” filter or cropping.
- The nexus prime gives you a detailed analysis of your data usage, down to the very app sucking up all your bytes.
- Android Beam eases sharing between phones — simply bump your nexus prime against another Android to transfer videos, maps or other content.
- Gmail and Google calendar have slick new looks and are integrated into the OS.
- Google Maps 5.0 with 3d Mpas and Turn by turn navigation.
- The People app innovates your contacts list, linking individuals with all of their social profiles.
- You can multitask and view your recent apps.
- Developers can download the SDK starting immediately. Nexus Prime will ship to the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia in November.
- Few features we expected in nexus prime, but didn’t get were, USB 3.0 port,personal assisstant like siri.
With all above fetures , Ice Cream Sandwich looks just a More Powerful Android with few Improvements on Usabality when compared to iOS5 .0 . iOS5 features SIRI which will surely give bumps to android users when they see their friends talking to their Personal Assistant.Samsung and google have to fight hard with iPhone4s for nexus prime