Symbian Anna update rolls out.
All the symbian users have a reason to celebrate!!!
After so much waiting…symbian^3 users can finally update their smartphone officially.
Ilari Nurmi – Nokia’s VP said, “Symbian Anna represents a significant update to the experience those users have and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to Symbian, which will see up to 10 more phones introduced over the next 12 months, further updates to the user experience and support for the software until at least 2016.”
What’s in it?
Lots. Let’s break down the main changes section-by-section. There are the new icons, of course, but there’s a whole lot more under the hood.
Improved text input
- There’s a portrait QWERTY keyboard for fast, single-handed typing.
- There’s also a split-screen view while you’re typing, so you can see the web pages, forms and message threads you’re replying to.
- Ovi Maps now has a simpler and quicker search function.
- It also includes public transport routes.
- And you can check in to social networks, send emails and SMS messages sharing your location.
- Email improvements include full meeting request support.
- Hardware-accelerated encryption of your phone’s data for true business-grade security.
- Secure intranet access for business users who need IPSEC and SSL VPN enablers.
- Symbian Anna also activates the NFC hardware in the Nokia C7, for easy sharing, games, use with NFC-enabled accessories and reading NFC
Who all ?
Countries that will receive their updates this week are in Asian and Europian markets like India,UK,etc.
Other countries are mostly confirmed for the next three weeks.
How do I get it?
The Symbian Anna update will be available through Ovi Suite on the PC or the SW Update app on your phone. This is a large download, so for speed and reliability, the Ovi Suite method is best. we haven’t confirmed but the download size seems to be around 25-30 MB,and takes 25-30 minutes to install,so its better to install it from PC rather than thru your GPRS connection,until you have a fast wi-fi connection and full battery Back up.
If you have Symbian^3,then These apps are must for you to make most of your symbian.