As Requested By one of our Kind User,we have a Post on How to update samsung galaxy 5 2.1 to 2.2 i.e. Froyo.
We have provided step by step instructions to update samsung galaxy 5 from 2.1 to 2.2 .
Note: Like any other unofficial guide, there is a high chance that you might brick your phone. Homeforgeeks is in no way responsible for that and you are following this at your own risk.
Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 2.1 to 2.2(recommended)
Now get ready to update your Samsung Galaxy 5 to Android 2.2.
The supreme question: How to ROOT?
Use Universal AndRoot, its so easy
The Latest stable Firmware Available
I5500XFJPQ Android 2.2 – 2011 May (Europe)
I5500XWJPJ Android 2.2 – 2011 May (Europe)
I5500XWJPL Android 2.2 – 2011 April (Europe)
I5508ZCKP2 Android 2.2 – 2011 January (Asia)
I5500XWJP9 Android 2.2 – 2011 January (Europe)
I5500LUYJP2 Android 2.2 – Froyo (USA)
I5508ZNJP3 Android 2.2 – Froyo (Asia)(do not install this,if you have i5503)
thanx to samfirmware.com
The Instructions: Flashing Tool & Guide(updating from2.1 to2.2)
Odin v4.28 & Ops File
1. Extract Odin v4.28 and Ops File.zip I5500XXXX.rar
2. Open Odin v4.28,
- Select OPS tab: EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops
- Select BOOT tab: I5500XXXXX_BOOTLOADER.tar.md5
- Select PHONE tab: I5500XXXXX_amss_phone_CL462398.tar.md5
- Select PDA tab: I5500XXXXX_PDA_CL500331.tar.md5
- Select CSC tab: I5500XXXXX_CSC_SER_CL498242.tar.md5
- Make sure Auto Reboot & Protect OPS selected in Option tab
*If you have 1 file is this the PDA.tar
You can flash only the pda file.
- Make sure One Package selected in Option tab
3. Turn off phone, remove battery for 5second, put it back….do this step sincerely.
4. Hold “Volume Down, Center button & Power button” in the same time to enter Download Mode
5. Connect your samsung galaxy5 to PC with USB cable.
6. When the data line and the phone connection is successful, com port shows yellow in Odin.
7. Press Start on Odin.
8. Waitin & Pray!……..please have patience,dont interrupt in between…..just go away from your cell and pray!
9. PASS, its done!……If the odin shows Pass,then Its Done,time to celebrate!!!
*Hard reset after flashing *2767*3855#
*Check ur Phone Info *#*#1234#*#*
If you face Any Problems,you are free to comment and ask for from our highly Expert team on Android.If you Have Suggestion then to you can comment or Mail us
And remember to download these apps to get best productivity from your android.